Despite restrictions, some local neighbourhoods are still hotspots for the life-threatening bug.
Britain is currently coping with its second wave, which means some areas have had to tighten restrictions.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson also warned Brits face a “bumpy” period through to Christmas.
A Mirror Online analysis of Government data has revealed the 32 local neighbourhoods currently worst-hit by Covid-19.
The areas, predominantly in towns and cities in the Midlands and North of England, registered the highest numbers of new cases in the 7 days up to September 29.
Manchester’s student neighbourhood of Fallowfield had the most cases with 259, fuelling concerns that universities are at the heart of major outbreaks.
Several other worst-hit places are university areas, including in Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Nottingham and Exeter.
Manchester is particularly hard hit, making up nine of the 32 neighbourhoods with more than 40 cases in the seven-day period.
Thousands of students across the UK have either caught coronavirus or been forced to isolate for two weeks.
At Northumbria University in Newcastle, 770 students tested positive for Covid-19.
The latest data comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson earlier warned of a “bumpy” time ahead in the run-up to Christmas.
After falling over the summer, coronavirus cases have surged in the UK in recent weeks, reaching a record 12,872 in one day yesterday.
The figure, a marked increase on previous days, was attributed to a “computing error” causing a backlog of previously unreported infections.
List of local areas with more than 40 cases in seven days
- Fallowfield Central – Manchester (259)
- Rusholme East – Manchester (142)
- Shieldfield & Heaton Park – Newcastle (135)
- Hyde Park Corner & Woodhouse Cliff – Leeds (126)
- Ladybarn – Manchester (126)
- Hulme & University – Manchester (105)
- Central & Islington – Liverpool (91)
- University Park, Lenton Abbey & Jubilee Campus – Nottingham (90)
- Woodhouse & Little London – Leeds (75)
- University & Little Woodhouse – Leeds (69)
- North Jesmond – Newcastle (62)
- Werneth – Oldham (61)
- Rose Hill & Burnley Wood – Burnley (60)
- Crumpsall South – Manchester (56)
- Salford Central & University – Salford (56)
- Leeds City Centre – Leeds (55)
- Endcliffe and Ranmoor – Sheffield (53)
- Lowdham, Bleasby and Gunthorpe – Nottinghamshire (53)
- University North & Whitworth Street – Manchester (53)
- Piccadilly & Ancoats – Manchester (52)
- City Centre & Arthur’s Hill – Newcastle (51)
- Hyde Park – Leeds (50)
- Wavertree South – Liverpool (48)
- Victoria Park – Manchester (46)
- Brookfield & Holme Slack – Preston (45)
- Childwall West & Wavertree Green – Liverpool (44)
- Kirkby North West – Knowsley (44)
- Garforth West – Leeds (43)
- Lever Edge – Bolton (41)
- Alexandra Park – Oldham (41)
- Pennsylvania & University – Exeter (40)
- Levenshulme North – Manchester (40)