A grocery staff has become an internet sensation when shoppers filmed his reaction to a group of teens who ignited fireworks inside the shop.
Three teenage boys were taken into custody shortly after they set a fireworks display on fire in a Hy-Vee grocery store in Eagan, Minnesota on Monday afternoon.
Video sharing on social media showed the pyrotechnics making sparks through the roof of the shop while an employee watches from aside and takes out his phone to record the shocking moment.
He then calmly puts his phone back in his pocket and turns away from the growing fire with a smirk in disbelief.
Viewer noticed his responses, which it later turned to a meme on the internet.
The nine-second footage prompted jokes about the responsibilities for low-paying service jobs.
One said: “That guy is every retail worker who knows they don’t get paid enough for this s***.
“F*** that, shift just finished,” another wrote.
“Me leaving work everyday fully aware of how busy we are,” a third added and a fourth penned: “No way in hell he should try and stop that fire while making minimum wage with no insurance.
“I love that he obviously found it funny though.”
Others took the opportunity to share their own workplace disasters.
One user noted the situational irony of the company’s slogan: “Where there’s a helpful smile in every aisle.”
“Narrator – There was NOT a helpful smile in every aisle,” they said.
Police and firefighters responded to the incident at 1500 Central Park Commons Drive and soon put out the fire.
Eagan Police said they have arrested three boys, ages 14, 15 and 16 years old, but later released.
The Dakota County Attorney’s Office is considering charges.
No one was injured but the amount of damage is still being determined, reported Fox 9.
The case remains under investigation.