Because of his father’s standing in Nigeria, the news of Pastor Dare Adeboye’s death hit the nation like a thunderbolt on Thursday, May 6. It quickly became the top trending topic in the country.
On Thursday, May 6, Nigeria received the sad news that Pastor Dare Adeboye had died. Pastor Dare is the third son of Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).
On Wednesday, May 5, he died peacefully in his sleep in Eket, Akwa Ibom state, where he was the pastor of one of the RCCG churches.
6 major things to know about the young pastor:
1. He was one of the most influential youth pastors in the RCCG worldwide
2. He is commonly referred to as “Pastor Dee”
3. He would have turned 43 on June 9, 2021,
4. He has held previous posts in the RCCG with evangelical missions in England, Kaduna, Abuja, Niger, Benue, Kwara, Kogi, Nasarawa, and Plateau states.
5. He is married to Mrs. Temiloluwa Adeboye and they are blessed with children
6. Apart from his pastoral work, Pastor Dare is known as a life coach, visionary leader, motivator, and bridge-builder especially among the youths Meanwhile, amid the upsurge in insecurity witnessed across Nigeria, Pastor Adeboye recently declared that God will heal the country.
He went on to ask that God should have mercy on Nigeria amid these difficult times in the country.
Similarly, on Thursday, February 25, Pastor Adeboye canvassed specific prayers against ritualists and kidnappers in Nigeria.
The revered pastor, who led the prayers, identified 15 prayer points for RCCG members to follow. In a related event, the RCCG held a special prayer walk around the world on Sunday, February 21 in response to Nigeria’s growing insecurity and other challenges.
Pastor Tunde Benjamins-Laniyi, the parish’s pastor-in-charge, told journalists during the procession that the prayer intercession was a command from God.
He also stated that the procession is taking place in the RCCG’s over 40,000 parish churches in 198 countries around the world.