Understanding the METHOD to recover your loss(fund) and in any event, bring the scammer(s) to equity is important
Fraudulent activities repeatedly happening every now and then (especially on the internet) have stained and tainted the beauty and benefits of the internet.
Infact, 20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either through large bucks or little fund and It’s quite painful. Many people don’t always know what to do after falling victims. For this reason, I found it deemed necessary to share with you today, processes to be taken in order to retrieve your money after you have been victimized by scammers.
EASIEST AND EFFECTIVE PROCESSES TO RETRIEVE FUNDS AFTER BEING SCAMMED
When you realize a page you paid to for a service or goods is ghosting you, do the following:
1. Stay calm and Play along: after discovering you have been scammed, it is necessary you make this unknown to the scammer in order to get his details to trace him. Doing otherwise will make himdiscover your motives which may lead him to destroy all means of communication(like email,text messages,social media handles) to you, thereby rendering your motives useless.
2. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging applications like Instagram, WhatsApp, Electronic mails, Facebook etc.
3. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the TRANSACTION ID NUMBER.
5. Go to any branch of the scammer’s bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER’S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK ([email protected]) this will make the bank to take it up fast.
Having done the above procedures,the expected result would be that the culprit/suspect account will be PLACED ON HOLD.
His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened, neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank. Culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently.
No account will ever be opened and neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until he or she visits the bank, and when that happens, the bank will contact the police and the suspect, when proven guilty, will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.