Junior Khanye Doubts Mamelodi Sundowns For Signing Thabiso Khutumela: He Was A Flop At Orlando Pirates
Thabiso Kutumela is a 28-year-old football player who has just joined DSTV champions Mamelodi Sundowns from Maritzburg. He represented the South African soccer team at the 2016 Olympic games. Kutumela performed fairly well the previous season (2020/2021) where he played 31 games in all competitions with 14 goals and 1 assist. This was enough for him to join the Sundowns team as they look to strengthen their team for the 2021/2022 season.
However, the Mokopane-born player will face stiff competition from the guys like Peter Shalulie, Kermit Erasmus and Gaston Sirino and the question from Junior Khanye is “Will he fit in the squad or he will be just like George Maluleka ?”
Here are some of Junior Khanye’s reasons why he doubts the big move for Kutumela
- He was a flop at Orlando Pirates and this shows that he is not a big team player
- He has to challenge players that Junior described as cream and that’s Peter Shalulile who was the top goal scorer last season, the player of the season and the players player of the season.
- Khanye describes Kutumela as someone who is not clinical but he has the technic and ball control, unlike Erasmus and Shalulile.
- Sundowns can play false 9 formation that allows Gaston Sirino to play and Kutumela won’t get the chance
- Kutumela is not a talented player but a hard worker and Sundowns need talented players such as Themba Zwane and others who had played before such as Khama Billiat, Percy Tau and Dolly.
To view more on Kutumela’s career statistics for club and country competitions according to globalsportsarchive.com please click <<<here>>>
During the iDiski Tv show on 19/07/2021 Junior Khanye was of the view that: slowly and slowly Mamelodi Sundowns is now losing their grip on recruiting quality players as it continues to make bad signings.