Quick Facts About Johnathon Schaech
|Celebrated Name||Johnathon Schaech|
|Nick Name||Johnathon Schaech|
|Birth Name||Johnathon Schaech|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Facebook|
He began his career as a model in the late 1980s and quickly moved into the film industry.
Schaech is best remembered for his appearance in the 1996 comedy picture That Thing You Do! as James “Jimmy” Mattingly II.
He has appeared in a number of films since then.
SLEEKGIST gathered that he has appeared in a number of English and Australian films in addition to Hollywood.
According to SLEEKGIST, he has starred in a number of television shows as a guest star, most notably in a recurring role in the DC superhero series Legend of Tomorrow.
What is Johnathon Schaech Famous For?
- His role as James “Jimmy” Mattingly II in the film, That Thing You Do!.
Where is Johnathon Schaech From?
Johnathon Schaech was born on 10 September 1969. His birth place is in Edgewood, Maryland in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to father Joe Schaech and a mother Joanne Schaech. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was raised Catholic. He has a sister named Renee. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He has German, French, English, and Italian ancestry.
Regarding his educational background, Schaech attended the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He graduated with a degree in economics. He also took one acting class there.
Johnathon Schaech Career
- Johnathon Schaech was approached by the Chippendales dance troupe in 1989. They flew him to Los Angeles and offered him a job.
- His father wanted him to aim bigger.
- Schaech eventually signed with Wilhelmina West.
- He then began doing commercials. He also started doing minor roles in movies.
- During the time, he studied acting under Roy London. He studied acting under London for three and half years until London’s death in 1993.
- Schaech landed his first lead role in the film in the 1991 period drama film, Sparrow.
- Since then, he starred in numerous films in either lead or supporting roles.
- The Schaech-starring film, How to Make an American Quilt was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
- For his role in the 1998 English independent film, Woundings, he won Best Supporting Actor at the 2001 New York International Independent Film & Video Festival.
- Schaech-starring 2004 film Judas created controversy. Judas was filmed in 2001. However, the controversy pushed the film for several years. After the release of Mel Gibson’s The Passion of The Christ in 2004, it paved a path for Judas to release Judas.
- Schaech-starring 2005 film, Sea of Dreams won the director of the film, Jose Pepe Bojorquez the Silver Goddess award for best first work.
- Schaech starring 2006 film, Little Chenier won the best picture and best ensemble at the Phoenix film festival.
- Schaech played the lead role in Sony’s remake of Prom Night in 2007. For his role in the film, he was nominated for the MTV award for best villain.
- Schaech made his tv series debut with the guest role in Outer Limits in 2001.
- Since then, he has starred in guest roles in numerous television series.
- He guest-starred in television series, Arrested Development, CSI, The Client List, Quantico, Blue Bloods, and Batwoman among others.
- He is best known for his recurring role as Jonah Hex in the DC superhero series, Legends of Tomorrow.
- He reprised his role of Jonah Hex in Batwoman in 2019.
- As a writer, Schaech has written several screenplays.
- Schaech and Richard Chizmar have written numerous screenplays including Heroes, Road House, Masters of Horror The Washingtonians, The Poker Club among others.
Johnathon Scaech Wife
Actor Johnathon Schaech has been married three times. He was first married to actress Christina Applegate. They got married in October 2001. Search filed for divorce in 2005. Their divorce was finalized in 2007.
He then married actress/singer Jana Kramer. They got married in July 2010. However, their marriage did not last long. They separated in August 2010. Their divorce was finalized in June 2011.
Schaech married his third wife, Julie Solomon in July 2013. Solomon is a music and book publicist. The couple welcomed their first child, a son, Camden Quinn, in September 2013. Their second child, a daughter, Lillian Josephine was born in July 2020. He does not have children from his previous relationships.
Schaech was rumored to be dating comedian-actress Ellen Degeneres during the mid-1990s. At the time, DeGeneres had not yet come out as a lesbian.
Johnathon Schaech Height
Johnathon Schaech stands at a height of 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of around 171 lbs i.e. 78 kg. He has an athletic body build. Being an actor, Schaech has maintained his body perfectly well. His eye color is green and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Johnathon Schaech Net Worth
Actor Johnathon Schaech has already spent over 30 years in the entertainment industry. As an actor, Schaech has starred in numerous movies and tv series. He has made his fortune from his career in the industry. The majority of his income comes from his acting career. Besides acting, he has written several screenplays. He is also a producer that adds to his fortune. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $1 million.
Did You Know?
- His father was a Baltimore City law enforcement officer.
- His mother was a human resource executive.
- He is a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- He was featured on the cover of Vanity Fair alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Smith and Benicio del Toro in the list of one of the most promising leading men of tomorrow in 1996.
- He lost 35 pounds to play a Colombian-born gay Manhattanite dying of AIDS in the 2000 David Rabe’s play, A Question for Mercy.
- He gained 30 lbs of muscle to play the Egyptian mercenary Tarak in the 2014 fantasy film, The Legend of Hercules.
- Schaech came forward with a allegation in 2018 that director Franco Zeffirelli sexually assaulted him during the filming of Sparrow.