The Nigerian Federal Government has received four million doses of the Moderna vaccine.
The state of Lagos is set to receive 600,000 dollars out of the total.
The Moderna vaccination has been shown to be effective against the coronavirus’s more lethal Delta variant (COVID-19).
If you reside in Lagos and will like to get this vaccine, it is free.
Read on to know how to access it. However, before we tell you how to get the vaccine for free, it is important to note that this vaccine is strictly meant for Lagosians who have not gotten any vaccine prior.
According to the commissioner for health, Lagos state, Professor Akin Abayomi, “this Moderna vaccine that will be administered starting this week should not be mixed with the AstraZeneca vaccine.
“What this means is that only persons who have not been previously vaccinated at all should take the Moderna vaccine”.
“If you have previously taken one dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, please exercise patience as we await delivery of a fresh allocation from the federal government,” he said.
- People aged 18 years and older
- Senior Citizens with or without underlying health conditions such as Diabetes, Hypertension etc
- Healthcare workers who are at a high risk of exposure
- Persons who recovered from COVID-19
Eligible Persons are therefore advised to pre-register on the NPHCDA E-Registration portal before visiting the Vaccination sites. This is mandatory.
How to access the vaccine
- Proceed to register or enroll for the vaccine via the NPHCDA E-Registration portal: https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/.
- A vaccination ID will be generated, and a confirmation text message and email will be sent to each enrollee after successfully registering for the vaccination
- Successful enrollees should then proceed to any of the 183 vaccination sites picked at the point of registration with the vaccination ID, confirmation text along with a means of Identification to get the first dose of the Moderna vaccine.
Moderna vaccine will be administered in two sections:
First Section: 9 am – 12 noon
Second Section: 12 noon – 3 pm
Successful enrollees are advised to visit sites picked at the point of registration as scheduled.