George Floyd: Donald Trump moves to underground bunker as protesters reach White House

United States President, Donald Trump has reportedly moved to underground bunker as protesters reportedly stormed white house in reaction to the death of George Floyd. USAToday reports

Recall that the US has been recording a series of violent protests following the death of African-American George Floyd, 49, who was killed by a policeman in Minneapolis last week.

The White House was locked down on Friday night after angry protesters hit the nation’s capital at Pennsylvania Avenue.

Outside the White House on Friday, Secret Service could be seen after 7 p.m. taking at least one person into custody. .
Videos showed a large group of protesters gathering, with some burning flags and knocking over barricades. There were also some violent encounters.

The president remained there about an hour before returning to the residence, according to a Republican close to the White House and an administration official who spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Trump praised the Secret Service and said he “watched every move” from inside the White House during Friday’s protest and that he “couldn’t have felt more safe.”

“They let the ‘protesters’ scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard – didn’t know what hit them,” he said Saturday.

Trump continued, “The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had, they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least.”

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: