Generations Ntombi Actress Sonia Mbele Recovering After Food Poisoning
Actress Sonia Mbele, who was caught up in a health freak following a food poisoning incident last week, is now recovering at home after she was admitted to the hospital.
Mbele, who is popularly known by her role as Ntombi on Generations, said she thought death was knocking on her door after she consumed seafood and started to feel the excruciating pain.
It all started after Mbele had bought a platter at a take-away food outlet in Morningside, Sandton.
Sunday World reports that the actress said it was not entirely the fault of the food outlet that she got sick and was admitted to the hospital.
“I can’t blame the restaurant. I bought the food to eat and kept some for later and forgot to warm it up. I immediately got sick, started throwing up.
Food poisoning is real,” she added.
Although she is back home, she said she still feels weak and spends most of the time resting in bed.
“I should be ready and fully fit next week, I had to cancel all my meetings last week.”
Recently, Sonia Mbele shut the internet down after she posted photos showing how good she looks. The actress has in recent years kept a low profile and away from the public eye.
Taking to Twitter, Sonia Mbele captioned her series of photos :
“I see I got you all thirsty last week, now today I’m going to quench your thirst.”
The actress, who was married to Leslie Sedibe for eight years, shed light on whether she was looking forward to get married again in an interview on Podcast and Chill with Mac G.
“With my ex boyfriend, I used to say yes [I want to get married again] … but now that he’s no longer there I’m like meh,” she said.