Food blogger; Lindsay Ostrom, popularly known by her Instagram page, “Pinch Of Yum“, has shown us how to prepare this yummy “Spicy Peanut Soup with Sweet Potato + Kale”.
She shared the recipe for her amazing meal on her food blog. According to her, it’s a bit spicy, you could either make it into a stew or soup, its warm, a bit creamy, highly nutritious and welcoming.
What more could one possibly want in a meal?
‘This amazing little soup/stew (you decide on your fave consistency!) is a little bit spicy, a lot bit creamy, nutritious, and so delicious, warm, and welcoming that you might just want to crawl right in the bowl. Though we wouldn’t recommend that. Well, unless your bowls are giant.”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 14-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry and/or turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1–2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Saute until soft and fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes. I like to brown them a little bit with the aromatics to get them nice and flavorful.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, water, spices, and peanuts. Simmer until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add peanut butter and kale. Simmer until everything is thick, creamy, and delicious. Top with more peanuts and a little cilantro if you’re obsessed like me.