Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

World Update

Covid’s patient zero tracked down? Woman who lived near Wuhan lab diagnosed with virus

Covid's patient zero tracked down? Woman who lived near Wuhan lab diagnosed with virus


A government blunder in China may have revealed one of the first people to be infected with coronavirus – three weeks before the country declared its first case.

A leading Chinese official sent a screen-grab sent to a Chinese medical journal containing the details of a 61-year-old woman known as “Patient Su”.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

It shows she had the virus in Wuhan almost three weeks before Bejing confirmed they had the first case.

The woman is believed to have lived about a mile from one of the city’s main coronavirus research labs.

She was also close to a stop for the high-speed rail line that played a key role in spreading the virus around the city of 11 million people, the Mail on Sunday reports.

See also  Nina Ivy Celebrates 25th Birthday With Stunning Photos


Wuhan lab
A 61-year-old woman referred to as ‘Patient Su’ may have been one of the first people to catch it

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Patient Su was treated at Rongjun Hospital, Wuhan.

The area where she lived and was treated is more than 13 miles from the Huanan market, which was originally blamed for the virus.

The area was rapidly cleaned up after Taiwan notified the World Health Organisation about the breakout.

Professor Yu Chuanhua, professor of biostatistics at Wuhan University, told Health Times that he had 47,000 cases on his national database of confirmed and suspected cases by late February 2020.

See also  Ex-girlfriend of ‘face of evil’ suspect who raped, shot 12-year-old boy says she was with him on night of attack – Crime Online


Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
The Wuhan Institute of Virology
The woman is believed to have lived about a mile from one of the city’s main coronavirus research labs.

Yu had done an interview with Health Times before President Xi Jinping issued a code of silence on the virus as they tried to regain control of the situation.

The professor then called the journalist to retract the information as the ‘dates had been recorded wrong.’



Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We’ve got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They’ll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won’t regret it…

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The Chairman of the Common’s Foreign Affairs Committee has since urged China to make all of its documents public.

Tom Tugendhat MP said: “The time has come for China to open up all its files so the world can find the truth about the origins of this pandemic.

“We cannot protect against future risks if there is not recognition that we all need to share knowledge and learn from any mistakes.”





Source link

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Viral

A Nigerian man living in Brazil is currently fighting for his life after he was stabbed by his wife. Emeka ... Read more

Entertainment News

Following reports that senator, Dino Melaye and actress, Iyabo Ojo will be getting married soon, the actress has in a ... Read more

Entertainment News

After denying that he got his wealthy with the aid of Prohet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere also known as Odumeje aka Indaboski, ... Read more

Entertainment News

Popular Nigerian Cross dresser, Bobrisky won’t cease to seek attention of his fans with his controversial posts these days. Bobrisky ... Read more

Copyright © 2021 SleekGist